Slippery Elm Bark
- Supports mucus membranes of the stomach, bowel, colon, and respiratory passages
- Digestive health and upset stomach
- Occasional acid indigestion
- Lubricates bowel for smoother, softer elimination
- Skin care (topical preparation - paste, ointment, salve)
- Nutritive tonic to support the body during times of recovery from illness (make into an oatmeal-like, hot cereal)
- One of the four herbs of the Essiac formula.
1 to 2 cups of tea daily. If desired, add honey and/or lemon to taste. NOTE: Slippery Elm may block absorption of Iron and other oral medications. Take at least 1-2 hours apart. CONSULT A HEALTHCARE PRACTITIONER BEFORE USE IF YOU ARE PREGNANT OR NURSING.